Safety Concerns amidst Joshimath Subsidence

Arkadeep

Indiahikes is continuing it's Kuari Pass trek despite the Joshimath subsidence disaster. The only change they have made is shifting tha last point from Joshimath to Auli. However, the road that connects Auli to Rishikesh passes through the subsidence zone of Joshimath. Also, Auli is seperated from Joshimath by just a few kms. 

I have registered for the trek on March but am skeptical about going due to these issues. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Due to the ongoing issues at Joshimath, there are various rumours going about the Kuari pass trek that its not happening. I am planning to book 10/2-15/02 batch it along with my 4 other friends. Can anyone throw some light on this issue & help me with my decision?

I have just completed the trek (15 Jan to 20 Jan). You are right that the base camp is shifted away from Joshimath but we have not faced any issues in the area. We don't pass through the subsidence zone of the area. In fact, the area is a restricted zone