Did Har Ki Dun in October. Suggest my next trek.

Almost 60 kms of walking. Everything was worth it when I finally got to see Mt. Swargrohini. But now I'm confused as to what my next trek should be.

Before Har Ki Dun, I did Indrahar Pass back in 2019 and Bhrigu Lake, more recently in May of this year. I plan to do my next trek in March or April of 2023 but it would be good to start planning from now so I'm hoping the more experienced trekkers here can help me out.

Things I like on my treks:

• Empty or barely crowded trails. I hate crowds when I'm on a mountain. The crowd on Har Ki Dun trail was slim and I liked it, but maybe it was a bit emptier due it me doing it during Diwali. What I did not like was the crowds up till Triund when I did Indrahar Pass.
  • Mountain views. I live for them. I die for them.
  • Isolation from the world. If there is no network on the trail, it's definitely a bonus.

Do try the Buran Ghati trek in May (if you can wait till then). Completely worth it. Much isolated and clean (compared to HKD, as there are no dhabas/villages/human settlements on the way). Amazing views and the highlight of-course is rappelling down the snow-wall at the pass crossing. To add to it, the days are very well spaced out.

PS: Did Buran Ghati and HKD with IH this year and recommending from personal experience.

Edited by sachinayak
added a missing point

On 11/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, Avinash Anand said:

Almost 60 kms of walking. Everything was worth it when I finally got to see Mt. Swargrohini. But now I'm confused as to what my next trek should be.

Before Har Ki Dun, I did Indrahar Pass back in 2019 and Bhrigu Lake, more recently in May of this year. I plan to do my next trek in March or April of 2023 but it would be good to start planning from now so I'm hoping the more experienced trekkers here can help me out.

Things I like on my treks:

• Empty or barely crowded trails. I hate crowds when I'm on a mountain. The crowd on Har Ki Dun trail was slim and I liked it, but maybe it was a bit emptier due it me doing it during Diwali. What I did not like was the crowds up till Triund when I did Indrahar Pass.
  • Mountain views. I live for them. I die for them.
  • Isolation from the world. If there is no network on the trail, it's definitely a bonus.

Hi @Avinash Anand

If you are planning for May, then as Sachin mentioned, Buran Ghati is a good option to consider.

However, if your time is not flexible and looking at March-April, then I would strongly suggest on the trek of Ali Bedni Bugyal.
You will definitely have much lesser crowds and get some of the best mountain views 🙂